- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
The Company is in the business of building quality ships from their site in the beautiful city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and Canadian Coast Guard
These are permanent full-time staff roles based in Halifax NS.
- Using Client provided specifications and drawings create detailed work scopes and work packages.
- Estimate the required person-hours for each work location to carry out the work.
- Create and manage subcontractor Request for Quotes or provide technical assistance to Supply Chain Group, during their creation of subcontractor Request for Quotes.
- Review subcontractor proposals and pricing in order to choose the subcontractor best suited for the work.
- Maintain and update detailed lists of all subcontractor proposals for a project.
- Create and manage material-vendor Request for Quotes or provide technical assistance to Supply Chain Group, during their creation of material Request for Quotes.
- Review vendor proposals and pricing in order to choose the vendor best suited for the work.
- Maintain and update detailed lists of all material related vendor proposals for a project.
- Utilize work scopes and work packages to create detailed execution Method Statements for the Client provided specifications.
- Assist the Estimating Coordinator with the overall bid package that will be submitted to the Client.
- Assist other Estimators with multi-disciplinary specification items where necessary.
- Estimating Projects are compiled and catalogued using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Estimating Worksheets are created using Microsoft Excel.
- Client Drawings are viewed and analyzed using Adobe Professional or AutoCAD.
- Material and Subcontractor RFQ's are created using Microsoft Word or Adobe Professional.
- Ideally a post-secondary degree/diploma, in engineering or engineering technology required, or Journeyman status in any shipbuilding related trade
Membership in a professional organization (APENS, TechNova) or Interprovincial Certification (Red Seal) considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Experience in various roles including Project Management, Subcontractor Management, Supervision of skilled Trades, skilled Trades, etc. working in an engineering/manufacturing/shipbuilding or other similar environment required
Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major construction contracts or Defense contracts considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office
Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment considered a strong advantage
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...