- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Team Lead, Propulsion Systems
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Team Lead, Propulsion Systems will report to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for:
- Design subcontractor management in the area of propulsion systems
- Participate in platform design Integrated Project Teams
- Manage subcontractor development of design deliverables and purchase specifications
- Lead review of propulsion systems content in technical design reviews
- Requirements and change management for propulsion and related marine systems
- Major equipment negotiation with vendors
- Client liaison and relations
- Team management responsibilities will depend on candidate experience and capabilities
Successful Candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Recognized Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field (Aerospace, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture) is essential
- Proven experience with naval ship propulsion systems is required
- Experience in all aspects of marine propulsion systems, including marine gas turbines, marine diesel engines, propulsion gearboxes, clutches, couplings, shafting and bearings, propellers, intakes and uptakes, propulsion prime mover support systems, etc.
- Electrical propulsion engineering experience a significant advantage, including electrical generators, HV distribution, large scale power electronics, electric propulsion motors
- Experience working on naval new building and/or refit projects
- Experience working with classification society rules
- Experience with ship steering systems an advantage
- Experience managing technical teams an advantage
- Strong communication and personal time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.