- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Process Planning Engineer
To design, specify and deliver engine manufacturing processes & equipment ensuring the agreed project targets are achieved.
To maintain & improve engine manufacturing processes ensuring the appropriate business targets are achieved.
- To lead /work with multi-function teams to design, specify, deliver, maintain and improve machining production processes.
- To develop & maintain process documentation to achieve OEM standards, specifications & targets.
- Liaise with OEM purchase dept. & equipment suppliers to:
- Develop technical specifications for quotations.
- Quotation analysis and supplier selection
- Order placement.
- Project Management to ensure manufacturing processes and facilities are implemented within specified timeframes and deliver planned targets.
- Communication to provide information on planned changes, status reports, specifications & solutions.
- Problem Resolution for manufacturing process issues, ensuring issues are resolved to achieve business targets.
- Financial Control to ensure projects are delivered within the planned project budgets achieving optimum investment and business case targets.
- To work with Product Engineering for series product changes & to support SE teams, ensuring design for manufacture and current experience is incorporated in the product design enabling cost & quality targets to be achieved
- Qualified to HNC &/or Degree level in engineering (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent).
- Proven ability and expertise in assembly or test processes.
- 5 years experience of high volume machining manufacturing processes preferably from within the automotive industry.
- Proven project management capability
- Working knowledge of industrial engineering..
- Working knowledge of process control techniques
- Working knowledge of lean production principles
Skills & Attributes:
- IT skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control.
- Understanding of the principles of Jig and Tool design.
- Self motivated, capable of working alone or within a multi functional team.
- Leadership ability.
- Flexible attitude.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?