- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Process Planning Engineer
To design, specify and deliver engine manufacturing processes & equipment ensuring the agreed project targets are achieved.
To maintain & improve engine manufacturing processes ensuring the appropriate business targets are achieved.
- To lead /work with multi-function teams to design, specify, deliver, maintain and improve machining production processes.
- To develop & maintain process documentation to achieve OEM standards, specifications & targets.
- Liaise with OEM purchase dept. & equipment suppliers to:
- Develop technical specifications for quotations.
- Quotation analysis and supplier selection
- Order placement.
- Project Management to ensure manufacturing processes and facilities are implemented within specified timeframes and deliver planned targets.
- Communication to provide information on planned changes, status reports, specifications & solutions.
- Problem Resolution for manufacturing process issues, ensuring issues are resolved to achieve business targets.
- Financial Control to ensure projects are delivered within the planned project budgets achieving optimum investment and business case targets.
- To work with Product Engineering for series product changes & to support SE teams, ensuring design for manufacture and current experience is incorporated in the product design enabling cost & quality targets to be achieved
- Qualified to HNC &/or Degree level in engineering (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent).
- Proven ability and expertise in assembly or test processes.
- 5 years experience of high volume machining manufacturing processes preferably from within the automotive industry.
- Proven project management capability
- Working knowledge of industrial engineering..
- Working knowledge of process control techniques
- Working knowledge of lean production principles
Skills & Attributes:
- IT skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control.
- Understanding of the principles of Jig and Tool design.
- Self motivated, capable of working alone or within a multi functional team.
- Leadership ability.
- Flexible attitude.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Filled.
Popular fields of work
- Engineers predict great things for rail in 2017
Our recent Voice of the Workforce survey showed that perceptions of the rail sector are positively positive. Read on to find...
- Matchtech launches report on engineering workforce
Today sees the launch of the Engineering: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 2...
Top in Engineering
- What the General Election & Queen’s Speech means for engineers
What do recent political events mean for engineers in the UK? Find out from five of our in-house specialists.
- A lifetime of engineering
Ahead of the Queen’s birthday celebrations, we reflect on the key engineering breakthroughs which have been made during her...