- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
The basic function of this role is to create and maintain project plans for new programmes and/or progress and maintain existing project plans.
This will require the implementation of the project WBS, OBS and the allocation of budgets to Cost Accounts, and the sequencing of work consistent with a workable logic. Critical path analysis and Earned Value management will be a key aspect of the role.
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges
- Essential - must have Primavera P6 experience
- Good attention to detail with strong organisation skills.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value principles.
- Working knowledge of scheduling, project tracking, critical path analysis, baselines, change and internal configuration management.
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management including both schedule and cost risk analysis.
- Ability to work under pressure & deliver outputs in tight timescales.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Manage & control the Level 2/3 project schedules against baseline conditions, including Labour and Materials
- Weekly analyses of the plan(s) and reports describing the outcome of the analyses for Senior Management consumption
- Configuration management of the schedule and toolsets, including embodiment of agreed project changes (BCR Process).
- Provision of regular status reports of the schedule adherence (including critical path/ Gant Chart) and manage key milestone reports
- Support Schedule Risk analysis activities.
- Support What-if scenario planning.
- Provide monthly schedule status reports to include quality checks.
- Support Quarterly Look Ahead (QLA) process.
- Support the planning and preparation for Project Phase Reviews and Tender Vets.
Key Technical Skills
- The job holder demonstrates a high level of proficiency in planning software skills and is highly proficient in the use of planning packages. (Primavera and Microsoft Project.).
- Sound knowledge of Planning principles and processes.
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders to gather, input, analyse and report schedule progress information.
- Full understanding of baseline management.
- Ability to provide informed advice to the project planning team during the creation of a project WBS, and to implement the subsequent output within the baseline project plan(s).
- The job holder undertakes analysis of the project plans against critical and near-critical path events, to identify problematic performance and communicate the potential impact to appropriate parities
- The job holder demonstrates the ability to analyse, intemperate and report on key performance indicators such as earned value and Schedule Performance Indicators.
- The job holder demonstrates advanced IT skills and is proficient in the use of appropriate packages (Word, Excel, and MS Office.)