- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Technical Business Manage - Electronics
The role of the Technical Business Manager - Electronics and Software is to create and sell a portfolio of powerful solutions that deliver value to our clients.
The role of the Technical Business Manager - Electronics and Software is to create and sell a portfolio of powerful solutions that deliver value to our clients. The breath of topics and customer base is wide which should provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop and enhance their technical and commercial experience. You will work closely with the Ricardo engineering delivery and commercial teams to meet the needs of our clients.
Technically you will have experience in design and development of electronic systems (and /or software) within the automotive sector, although other areas of relevant technology development will also be considered. The role will encompass a wide breath of topics, the successful candidate will be required to present technical details to customers with both conviction and credibility calling upon the support of the technical colleagues as and when required. You will ideally have understanding or a willingness to grow a working knowledge of the following areas and ideally have experience in at least one of them:
- Electronic product development processes
- Embedded software & high-integrity systems including functional safety
- Vehicle communication
- Automotive development processes
This is an exciting time for the Company and this role provides a unique opportunity to be part of a new team driving commercial transformation.
- Understands the client's business, including their organisation, financial decision-making process and business challenges to create and sell solutions that respond to the client's value drivers.
- Understands the client's industry, including industry trends, financial measurements, key players and competitors, to develop and sell solutions that address client needs.
- Able to reach out with the Ricardo organisation to leverage cross-business unit/market sector solutions, client, industry, and marketplace knowledge to assess the market opportunity
- Collaborates with the engineering teams, market sectors, product groups and other Ricardo divisions to develop high value solutions
- Develop winning proposals and performs successful contract negotiations with support from commercial and market sectors
- Enhances and develops the Ricardo brand at all times
- Promotes and champions strong value pricing policies
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
- Strong track record of winning significant high value business
- Effective in solving client problems - driving unique value for clients, with a track record of qualifying opportunities based on opportunity profile, available resources, assets and intellectual capital
- Skills in defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong customer relationships and profitable revenue streams
- Able to build long term relationships with clients
- Good negotiation skills - able to craft win/win solutions
- Able to demonstrate improving the long term viability of the client relationship by identifying ways to extend client value and ensuring that conditions of satisfaction are achievable and clearly understood by the delivery team
- Degree in engineering or related technical diploma, possibly with a business qualification, (MBA or equivalent)
- Strategic thinker, eager to take initiative, effective at creating, communicating and selling technically-oriented business solutions in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player with open and honest communicative style allied to sound professional ethics and values
- Must generate respect and confidence from peers and senior groups, and be credible internally with highly qualified engineers and technical experts
- Prepared to travel to Ricardo and client locations
- Fluent in English and possibly with a command of different languages
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with all Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...