- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Marine Electronics Engineer
Our client are a major marine electronics installation and service business currently seeking experienced engineers to join them across several of their UK offices - Southampton, Plymouth and Fraserburgh
Key Responsibility Areas
- Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to ensure the efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
- Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessels and premises
- Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers' vessels and premises and on company premises
- Providing technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents
- Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
- Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to Maintain existing client relationships and develop new
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience
- Be competent with marine equipment and integrated systems in line with their experience and qualifications
Be able to travel to other UK and Foreign locations as / when required
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
The following skills and experience are required:
Past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems is essential.
Good track record in customer service.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline
- Full driving licence
- GMDSS operator's certificate
- Radio survey experience
- BOSIET or OLF certification
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.