- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
My client are looking for an Inspector to join a growing defence company specialising in electronics.
The Inspection and Release Engineer will be part of an integrated and flexible team within the Operations Manufacturing Business involved in various aspects of the product inspection and release process and supporting delivery activities, including goods in inspection, in process and final product release of equipment.
This role includes control the initial receipt of equipment to be repaired, survey, inspection in process including electrical, electronic and p.c.b assemblies, mechanical build and the final despatch of completed goods to customers.
- Will need to be familiar with manufacturing processes and Lean manufacturing principles
- Familiar with the principles of traceability requirements and documentation control
- Familiar with production modules within ERP systems
- Good level of competence in Microsoft applications, in particular outlook, Excel and word
- Firm understanding of engineering drawings and circuit diagrams
- The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable interacting at all levels
- Regular communication with internal customers (Production and Business Assurance) is essential and the successful candidate must be able to communicate progress and escalate issues clearly and concisely
- The successful candidate will be required to interpret schedule demands into practical tasks.
- The Inspector will need to closely Liaise with Inspection colleagues and all areas of the business as required.
- The Job holder will have regular appraisals within the first six months and then annually thereafter
- They will be expected to achieve and exceed the recognised standard from the weekly and monthly department KPI's
Guidance and support will be given by the line manager
- Electrical / Electronic inspection to meet compliance with IPC610, IPC620 or worked to an equivalent standard would be an advantage.
- In Process wiring, soldering, loom, panels and enclosures, electrical bias to workload but some familiarity with mechanical drawings, schedules and associated supplier documentation.
- Familiar with ESD procedures, working in an ESD compliant work environment.
- Extensive experience of performing Inspection tasks both commercial off the shelf and bespoke test equipment
- Able to read and work from circuit diagrams and general assembly drawings
- Will be tidy, well organised and able to complete specified tasks in a precise and methodical manner
- Be familiar with use and maintenance of crimp tools, soldering and de soldering equipment
- Is required to use spreadsheets, databases and word processing packages, access the manufacturing material management system and the document and drawing archives. Is required to be able to use measuring and test equipment appropriate to verification of product acceptance
- Must be a self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Flexible approach to work recognising that on occasions extra effort is required to get things done
- Decision making ability
- Highly motivated and willing to overcome obstacles in order to get the job done demonstrating a can do enthusiastic attitude
- Highly focused with the ability to make things happen
- Open to change and the ability to see the "bigger picture"
- The ability to address difficult situations and address poor performance when required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Power and Nuclear
- Britain’s nuclear sector generates 6,000 jobs a year
With the UK’s Nuclear New Build programme underway, the sector is screaming out for huge numbers of engineering professional...