- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
CNC Turn Mill Operator
CNC Turn Mill Operator
My client serves the Aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine markets, plus the aligned industries where high integrity, quality and service are demanded.
They're a leading manufacturer of engine, landing gear and precision components, typically of complex, close tolerance design in difficult to process aerospace grade materials. Many of the components and assemblies the company make are vital to the customer's success and used in critical applications to give them clear differentiation in the market.
The company has three facilities in central England, managing an extended supply chain to meet the most demanding design requirements.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- The running and setting of 3 and 5 axis CNC Turn - Milling machines (vertical and horizontal)
- Tool setting which includes the setting of tool geometries
- Setting and changing of fixtures, clamping fixtures and clamps as and when required
- Loading and unloading of fixtures using overhead cranes, slings, chains etc.
- Adjustment of offsets
- Capable of producing conforming first offs to drawing and quality specifications
- Achieve specified quality standards
- Conform to specified health and safety standards
- Communicate problems through work group and concern and countermeasure trackers
- Work within the designated work group to plan, prioritise and perform work to satisfy customer and company needs
- Assist in developing group goals and objectives
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Carry out daily TPM activities as required
- Develop and maintain standardised work
- Provide guidance and assistance to other group members
- Identify, share and submit good ideas (best practice) to the work group.
- Must become familiar with quality standards and maintain and achieve specified Standards at all times.
- Required to produce conforming components "right first time"
- Train and coach fellow colleagues to suit the business requirements
- Provide feedback on best practice in the area.
- Be an effective member of the work group structure
- Parts produced from a variety of materials to include titanium, Nimonic, Iconel etc.
- Maintaining specific tolerance levels when working on parts
- Updating off sets.
- Becoming familiar with processes and working practices
- Minimise the risk of producing reject parts by following the correct procedures.
- Working to SOPs (work instructions) to achieve a standard product.
Produce valued parts which contribute to the overall Daily / Weekly / Monthly production plan. Must have a conscientious methodical approach and excellent attention to detail. Must have the initiative to work on your own and in a proactive manner as well as contributing towards a team effort.I am looking for 4 x CNC Turn Mill Operators to work the following hours
Hours of Work
I am looking for 4 x CNC Turn Mill Operators to work the following hours
- Weekday - Monday to Thursday (07.00am - 19.00pm) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
- Weekday - Monday to Thursday (19.00pm - 07.00am) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
- Weekend - Friday to Sunday (07.00am - 19.00pm) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
- Weekend - Friday to Sunday (19.00pm - 07.00am) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
Please feel free to get in contact with me if you would like to know any further information
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- The engineering behind your summer holiday
On the busiest day in UK airspace, a record number of passengers are set to take to the UK skies for their summer getaway. B...
- Top 50 women in engineering under 35
Over 500 nominations but only 50 women could make it onto the list. Find out who made the cut in our article.