- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
CNC Turn Mill Operator
I am acting on behalf of my client... Who are cutting edge and have an exciting future ahead. The business is taking strides to become the best and the growth of the business is rapid. It's a business you would want to join and be apart of.
Work within a workgroup to produce precision machined components from a variety of metals to include exotic metals such as titanium, Inconel and Nimonic. To produce high quality precision parts to customer and quality specified tolerances using best practise modern methods. To contribute to the team and help to develop and maintain best practices.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- The running and setting of 3 and 5 axis CNC Turn - Milling machines (vertical and horizontal).
- Tool setting which includes the setting of tool geometries.
- Setting and changing of fixtures, clamping fixtures and clamps as and when required.
- Loading and unloading of fixtures using overhead cranes, slings, chains etc.
- Adjustment of offsets.
- Capable of producing conforming first offs to drawing and quality specifications.
- Achieve specified quality standards.
- Conform to specified health and safety standards.
- Communicate problems through work group and concern and countermeasure trackers.
- Work within the designated work group to plan, prioritise and perform work to satisfy customer and company needs.
- Assist in developing group goals and objectives.
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Carry out daily TPM activities as required.
- Develop and maintain standardised work.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other group members.
- Identify, share and submit good ideas (best practice) to the work group.
- Parts produced from a variety of materials that include titanium, Nimonic, Iconel etc.
- Maintaining specific tolerance levels when working on parts.
- Updating off sets.
- Becoming familiar with processes and working practices.
- Minimise the risk of producing reject parts by following the correct procedures.
- Working to SOPs (work instructions) to achieve a standard product.
Hours Of Work Available:
- Weekday - Monday to Thursday (07.00am - 19.00pm) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
- Weekday - Monday to Thursday (19.00pm - 07.00am) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
- Weekend - Friday to Sunday (07.00am - 19.00pm) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
- Weekend - Friday to Sunday (19.00pm - 07.00am) with 2 x 20 minutes paid break
(Please let me know what shift suits you best)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...