- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
Exciting contract requirements have arisen for Embedded Software Engineers to work for a leading Automotive Consultancy. Successful candidates will have proven Embedded Software Design experience in Safety Critical Environments.
A new vacancy exists for a Senior Software Engineer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the design, implementation & testing of a set of embedded software components intended for use within an automotive context. This specific Project is on an Engine Control application.
Knowledge or experience in at least one of the following additional areas would be helpful, though not essential:
- working knowledge of CAN communication & experience of bus analysis
- insight into UDS diagnostic protocols & the services behind these
- knowledge of electronics hardware and ability to understand electronic design schematics
- understanding of & experience of writing C-code to comply with MISRA-C
- have been involved in the creation, roll-out and maintenance of software processes & procedures
- experience of working with networked systems and appreciation of failure modes and consequences, particularly in an automotive context
- use of a range of test methods and tools including unit/module testing, debuggers, communication bus analysers and system testing
Everyday responsibilities will include:
- Development of software designs (both architectural and module-level), based on the project requirements.
- Implementation (in 'C') of software modules
- Integration of 3rd party software modules
- Testing of modules, both at unit & integrated levels
- Debugging of software executing on embedded hardware
- Taking responsibility for delivery of software engineering work products according to cost, quality and operational targets,
- Communication and cooperation with a multi-disciplinary project delivery team & our client
- Improving delivery techniques; tools, procedures, work aids, etc.
This role would be well suited to applicants who have substantial, proven embedded software engineering expertise in embedded automotive systems.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.