- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Senior Highway Engineer
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Highways team based at their Croydon office. To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
* Civil Engineering degree
* Near Chartered or Chartered status Essential Experience:
* Project experience in Highways Design (experience of both major highways and urban highways would be an advantage).
* Previous site experience (as contractor or supervisor) would be an advantage
* AutoCAD skills are essential with Civil3D (or similar) capability an advantage.
* Good skills with MS Excel and Word are essential
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated experience in a client facing position
* Line management and performance management experience
* Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
* A strong team-working ethic is essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Highways Technical Director you will be required to assist in the management and delivery of projects to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations. You will be responsible for Highways Engineers and technicians on projects and as a line manager. You will assist with the development of the teams' skills in the UK and in our Global Excellence Centre in Bangalore.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Performing and managing required activities associated with Highways design projects (both Major Highways and Urban Highways) in line with client and company specifications, national standards and codes of practice.
* Project duties will include site surveys; preparation of design solutions at various stages of a project; preparation of drawings, reports, specifications and estimates; document management, attendance at meetings and checking the work of other team members to ensure accuracy.
* Project management duties will include co-ordination of a wide range of discipline inputs; monitoring and protecting our client relationships; planning and programming; commercial management; and presenting projects for audit.
* Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders / Team Leaders, and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project
* Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members, such as technicians, junior engineers and apprentices.
* Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design - interfaces with disciplines such as structural engineering, street lighting, geotechnical engineering, urban design & landscape architecture and technology.
* Promoting and developing the technical capability of other team members
* Gaining awareness of ,and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
* Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour * Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
* Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team.
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.