- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Powertrain Systems Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Powertrain System Engineer. This is an exciting career opportunity to work within a World Leading Powertrain R&D Centre.
Support a growing team for system analysis and design of hybrid powertrains, continue the development of the model based system engineering approach.
You must have a broad vehicle system knowledge and a good understanding of system and Software interaction within a hybrid electrical powertrain. You will also have a process driven, quality mind-set supported by technical expertise with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Experience of developing system and/or Software requirements for automotive based control systems is essential.
Having previous experience of working to a MBSE process using SYSML and requirements capture tools to develop systems would be an advantage.
- Experience required:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant scientific field with certain years post graduate experience with preferably some of this in automotive Powertrain development
- Master Degree in a relevant scientific field with certain years post graduate experience with preferably some of this in automotive Powertrain development
- Logical thinker
- Strong numeracy and literacy, including ability of write clear documentation
- Excellent communication skills and able to work as part of a cross functional team
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the system and software engineering processes
- Has a minimum of three years' relevant experience of developing System and/or SW Architectures particularly in the field of Automotive Control Systems
- Experience of system validation using MIL, HIL and prototype vehicles.
- Capable of performing robustly in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability of delivering within demanding deadlines.
- Able to handle cultural differences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build up an in-depth understanding of the vehicle systems interactions
- Communicate effectively with the project, system, software and component teams to capture information and review requirements
- Develop the system model using Enterprise Architect to capture information
- Define system and software requirements to deliver the project goals with an initial focus on Hybrid and Transmission Control Units
- Develop Control system and software Interface specifications based on functional allocation
- Create and document test procedures to effectively validate the requirements for production
- Review test results to verify the delivered system meets the requirements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems
- How to get into automotive engineering
Fancy a career as an automotive engineer? Find out how to get into this exciting line of work from Matchtech Automotive Dire...