- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is a leading highway maintenance company, seeking a Site Agent to join their team in Kent. The successful candidate will be managing and supervising highway maintenance schemes with a value of up to £5 million.
Managing and supervising trunk road maintenance and improvement schemes up to £5M.
Primarily surfacing, pavement lining and fencing operations you will plan, organise and oversee supervision of construction works ensuring that operations are carried out as per the method statement and risk assessment, efficiently a per the construction program and meet all requirements in relation to health & safety, cost, productivity, quality, and the environment.
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and
- Ensure that all plant and equipment deployed on the Network complies with current health and safety legislative requirements
- Reporting all health and safety incidents involving staff to the Network Team Managers
- Ensure compliance with the Environmental Management System with regard to day-to-day operational activities
- Monitor scheme construction programmes, including resources, in liaison with IDT Managers and IDT
- Construction leads.
- Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and seek to resolve with the IDT
- Manager and Design Lead.
- Liaise with site supervisors on site and ensure all works are in accordance with the specification and to the contract drawings.
- Conduct and record on-going interim physical measurements during works and upon works completion
- To learn and eventually become conversant with contract conditions.
- Maintain records, and use these to manage and control resources.
- Communicate with the IDT Manager, the Construction Manager and the Commercial Manager issues of
- non-conformances and contractual correspondence. Ensure that comprehensive records are maintained.
- Maintain records of work related discussions with the HA / design team.
- Review and approve site documentation
- Keep abreast of developments throughout the business
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Any other tasks commensurate with the role
Essential Experience / Skills Required:
- Educated to GCSE level (Maths & English grade C or above desirable, HNC/D in construction or similar)
Current driving Licence
Basic IT competency (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
Working night time and weekends and unsociable hours when on call for incident
- Good communication skills for interface with members of the public and other stakeholders
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Highway Maintenance
- 5 qualities that make a great highway engineer
What do the best highway engineers have in common? Joe Wilson, Department Manager of Highways at Matchtech, shares the top q...