- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual with proven experience in hydrology whose skills and work ethic will complement their experienced and growing water team.
You will be based in the Inverness office but will also work closely with their teams in other regional offices. The role will involve regular travel across Scotland (sites and regional offices) - travel to other countries within the UK, Ireland, and further afield may also be required at times.
Responsibilities will include technical direction of projects within the team, managing projects and taking responsibility for specific areas as part of a wider team. You will use your expertise to provide technical input to a variety of areas including hydrological/hydrogeological assessment, flood risk/drainage assessment, contaminated land investigations/remediation, river restoration, and environmental engineering projects for a range of public and private sector clients.
Along with the technical role, it is expected that you will maintain and develop client relationships. You will be expected to provide mentoring to others within the team and there will be the opportunity to work alongside other technical specialists within the water and contaminated land teams as well as across other environmental disciplines such as ecology and environmental assessment/licensing.
Good interpersonal skills will be required to develop a healthy and effective working relationship both with clients and colleagues and ideally be a motivational presence in the office environment.
The role will have responsibility for the delivery of technical hydrological/hydrogeological studies and the provision of expert advice on hydrology/hydrogeology.
Your skills and experience will include:
* Honours or Master's degree in hydrology, engineering or relevant discipline;
* At least five or more years' proven UK consultancy experience in project management and delivery;
* Proven technical abilities in three or more of the following core areas: civil/water engineering design; drainage design; flood risk management; hydrology; hydrodynamic modelling; hydrogeology; geomorphology; river restoration; and hydrology/hydrogeology support to EIA.
* Successfully managing and delivering projects within the budget and specified time.
* Client liaison and liaison with statutory authorities/regulators.
* A thorough understanding of the relevant regulatory framework e.g. CAR, SuDS, flood risk, SEPA guidance.
* Writing and reviewing technical reports.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, including teamwork skills.
* Active leadership role in the development of business with new and existing clients.
* Chartered or in the process of/willing to work towards chartership of a recognised professional body; and
* Full UK driving licence.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...