- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Southern Water are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, the role will be based out of their Falmer offices.
You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Commercial Manager dealing with a high number of valuable contracts, supporting either wholesale Wastewater or wholesale water or engineering, this involve you working closely with Category managers, commercial contract mangers and Supplier relationship managers.
This role will be client facing role and you will be expected to be a commercial expert and trusted advisor, showing skills of cost management expertise and the ability to communicate clearly and followed agreed processes and procedures to ensure provision of a quality assured cost management service.
Support the delivery of a full range of cost management services, providing commercial support and advice ,including; appraisal of options, feasibility studies, cost planning and estimating, procurement support, pre & post--contract cost management and final account agreement, change management and cost appraisal throughout the contract and project life-cycle.
* Support the development and implementation of new and appropriate cost and performance management activities and processes to reflect new contracts and commercial models - including target/actual cost management, contractor productivity and cost-efficiency measurement and management, identify targeted ad hoc audits to be undertaken by the Commercial Contract Management team, support auditors on site visits and use expertise and experience to drive other value-add activities.
* Ensure that all commercial and cost activity relating to the scheme or contract is recorded using agreed systems and ensure that this is incorporated into the costs and budgets for the Project, Scheme or function * Support Project and or Contract Managers in the identification, quantification and mitigation of commercial risks, escalating to Senior Commercial Manager as appropriate.
* Work in liaison with the Contractors and the Project and or Contract Managers to support the setting of Target Costs or Fixed Prices depending on the agreed form of contract
* Support Project and or Contract Managers in the resolution of contractual cost variances (such as Early Warning Notices or Compensation events) and manage issues to resolution, minimising commercial impact to SW. * Visit sites as required to undertake cost verification, Influence and provide technical expertise to contribute to the development and implementation of standardised procedures.
* Build strong and effective working relationships with contractors, other members of the team, other business contacts and key stakeholders.
* Create requirements for new commercial reporting and analysis from the Commercial Reporting and Analytics team and use existing reporting and analysis to set commercial management and contract priorities and focus * Delivery of agreed annual savings and efficiency targets as set by Senior Commercial Manager and or Head of Category
This person requires the strong ability to deliver finical targets and timescales, good networking and organisational skills. As you will be dealing with senior employees you need to have good communication skills in written and oral. Negotiating is important part of this role so having a strong influencing ability is key to this role. Analytical and data presentation skills are also important.
Qualifications and experience
* Proven Management experience in water or utility industry
* Significant experience of Cost Management and/or Quantity Surveying for large projects or programmes work * Knowledge of contract conditions and their application.
* Understanding of supplier/contractor relationship management.
* Recognised first degree in Quantity Surveying or a similar discipline is essential.
* Must hold a professional qualification and full membership in Cost Management or Quantity Surveying (MRICS or similar).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.