- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Junior Project Manager
I have a truly exiciting opportunity to work for a leading Engineering company. The position is perfect for someone wanting to develop there skills within a project management level and suits those who aspire to run and coordinate projects.
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our project management team.
Assistant Project Managers work in close partnership with Project Managers, Engineers and Finance colleagues to deliver a diverse range of projects and contribute to the efficient operation of the Project Management department.
This is a great opportunity to support the management of a wide number of projects that differ significantly in client type, size and complexity, and to contribute to the development of Ricardo's Project Management capabilities and services.
Depending upon your career aspirations this opportunity could enable you to develop your project management capability and study for a Professional Project Management Qualification as part of a structured career path at Ricardo.
The main responsibilities will include:
* Provision of support to Project Managers in the leadership of large projects, for example:
o Project planning and reporting
o Cost tracking and forecasting
o Resource co-ordination and management
o Risk management
o Booking in orders and invoicing
* Project Management of small projects with the opportunity to manage larger more complex projects as your skills and aspirations develop
* Creation and analysis of project metrics
* Production of project status reports and presentation to customers and project stakeholders
* Support to business development activities
* Working in accordance with Ricardo project management systems, processes and guidelines with opportunities to provide enhancements.
Depending on the project worked on, the role will involve some travel.
* Demonstrate good numerical and analytical capability
* Intermediate level with MS Excel, Project, Word and Powerpoint, and ideally have experience of working with business ERP systems (such as SAP)
* A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* A self-starter who enjoys solving problems and helping others achieve company goals
* Able to work in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
* Good attention to detail and organisational skills
* Have an understanding of generic project management processes.
* Ideally hold a qualification in project management or a relevant engineering subject
* Consultancy based project experience.
* Experience of working in a multi-project dynamic environment.
* Basic engineering knowledge.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...