- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a cutting edge cyber security hardware business. They are currently seeking a number of FPGA design engineers of varying levels of experience.
As a Senior FPGA Engineer within our Cyber Security division you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Work alongside Principal & Senior Engineers to capture and analyse complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable technical solutions
- Take responsibility for the complete implementation and release of detailed technical items and an understanding /appreciation of system level items.
- Generate supporting technical documentation of a sufficient standard as to be sent to external customers.
- Collaborate with other team members (including engineers in other disciplines) to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols etc.
- Devise appropriate test procedures, both informal and formal, to verify the correct operation of design solutions, and to perform bench tests for regression analysis.
- Provide project schedule estimates and technical risk identification.
- Provide progress and technical updates to the project manager.
- Prepare material for, and contribute to design reviews.
- Interview prospective employees .
- Work consistently towards vocational targets as planned via the Personal Development Review (PDR) scheme.
- Conduct themselves as a role model for other departmental Engineers.
- Work with more junior Engineers in a mentoring role.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the following skills:
- Development of FPGA requirements and design with corresponding documentation
- Code development and review
- Developing of element and system level tests, test documentation and conduct of testing activities
- RTL VHDL/Verilog particularly targeting Xilinx and Altera devices
- Experience of achieving timing closure in large FPGA devices
- Digital design including interfacing to hardware, peripherals and processors
- VHDL/Verilog Test-bench design and implementation experience
- Ability to work with / develop timing constraints
- Ability to develop and maintain scripted build flow (TCL/Perl/Python)
- Knowledge of DSP algorithm design and implementation for standard DSP building blocks (e.g. IIR/FIR filters, FFT, IFFT, Polyphase Channelizers etc.)
- Experience of developing fixed point algorithms on FPGA
- ModelSim / QuestaSim
- Xilinx Vivado & ISE / Quartus Prime
- Git Version Control
- Electronic Warfare domain knowledge (e.g. ECM, DF)
- Communications knowledge (e.g. Cellular standards and communications theory)
- DOORS documentation and requirements management
- Understanding of embedded software C and C++
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.