- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge cyber security business currently seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join them in their Tewkesbury head offices.
About the role:
As part of the Electronic Warfare and Cyber Division, the Principal Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, integration and delivery of software systems in the broad field of Electronic Warfare, and the associated coordination of the necessary tasks within a team to deliver the software system.
You will take ownership of core EW product and components to ensure the integration of distributed systems and control software to ensure a tightly integrated system combining our own and 3rd party components.
The Principal Embedded Software Engineer will be take management of a team working to implement Electronic Warfare software products and to ensure that the engineering capability and technology know-how of their reports matches the strategic and tactical business requirement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Capture requirements from a loose description and develop / enhance them.
- Coach staff on technical designs acting as a technical authority on sub systems, projects and leads design teams.
- Drive the test strategy for a system, module and sub systems.
- Lead a team in implementation and produce requirements traceability.
- Act as an Independent technical reviewer.
- Drive gate reviews to successful outcomes.
- Generate documentation for systems and advise junior staff on their documentation.
- Lead in creating technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Lead development of IRAD submissions.
- Lead road mapping and product development activities.
- Lead engineering aspects of development on tenders and projects.
- Ensure that Systems Engineering processes are employed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide technical ownership to project estimating and controlling processes.
- Provide overall technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering team(s).
- Manage requirements of both the technical and non-technical aspects of the project.
- Manage technical aspects of sub-contractor relationships.
The successful candidate will be skilled in:
- Team Leadership/Management experience
- Embedded C / C++ Code Development
- Object Oriented Design
In addition, you would have familiarity with:
- Boot Loaders
- Interrupt Handling / Drivers
- Working with Constraints (e.g. space, performance)
- Interfacing with other technologies (e.g. FPGAs)
- ARM processors/assembly
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Waterfall/Agile Development Methodologies
- UML modelling
- Design Patterns
- Communications Protocols
- Team Collaboration (i.e Version Control (e.g. Git) / Code Reviewing / Coding Standards)
- Code Testing Strategies / Continuous Integration
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.