- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior GUI Software Engineer
Our client are a major cyber security technology business. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced GUI software engineer with strong C++ skills.
As part of the Electronic Warfare and Cyber Division, the role of Senior GUI Software Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Design, development and implementation of new Windows GUI software, primarily for equipment control purposes.
- Translate basic top-level specifications and functional descriptions into intuitive, user-friendly, easy-to-use interfaces. Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development.
- Liaison with hardware developers and other team members to agree hardware/GUI interactions, discuss GUI design features, etc. Liaison with customers may also be necessary to discuss progress and obtain feedback and comments.
- Rapid prototyping of "GUI demonstrators" to illustrate design ideas, layouts and features to the team and customers prior to full implementation.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong experience of GUI development using C++ and MFC.
- Experience of designing and implementing custom controls and elements to add specialised display features to the GUIs.
- Development of element level requirements and GUI design with corresponding documentation.
- Code development and review.
- Developing of tests, test documentation and conduct of testing activities.
The following skills would be desirable:
- Visual Studio WPF, MVVM, XAML, SQL Server.
- ESRI ARCGIS Mapping.
- Code Collaborator.
In addition, familiarity with the following would be desirable:
- Interfacing with embedded systems.
- Communications protocols.
- Enterprise Architect UML.
- Git Version Control.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.