- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer - Linux
Our client are a major cyber security technology company who currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with experience of developing in Linux at the Kernel level.
About the role;
As part of the Cyber Security Division, the primary purpose of this role is the design and development of secure embedded Linux systems, including driver development and initial board bring up for a new range of Innovative cyber security products.
The Senior Linux Software Engineer will:
- Be able to act as a technical authority for sub-systems and less complex projects.
- Provide technical leadership to engineering teams.
- Ensure that Systems Engineering lifecycle processes are employed throughout the project.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids, and presentations.
- Provide technical input into project estimating and controlling processes.
- Decompose top level requirements to sub-system requirements.
- Provide requirements traceability.
- Contribute and lead design, research and development of engineering solutions.
- Lead the implementation of design solutions and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Drive the test and qualification strategy for solutions and sub-systems.
- Contribute to gate reviews and lead peer reviews.
- Produce technical documentation to a high professional standard.
- Provide support to engineering projects/products throughout their lifecycle.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of latest technology advancements and promote engineering best practice.
- Develop and coach junior staff members.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Embedded C / C++ Code Development
- Object Oriented Design
- Embedded Linux Code Development
- Kernel space
- Application (user) space
- Device drivers
- File system construction
- Linux Board Bring-up (e.g. Uboot)
In addition, familiarity with the following:
- Linux Build Systems (e.g. Yocto/Buildroot)
- Open Source Distribution / Package knowledge. License awareness
- Boot Loaders
- Interrupt Handling / Drivers
- Working within Constraints (e.g. space, performance)
- Interfacing with other technologies (e.g. FPGAs)
- ARM processors/assembly
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Waterfall/Agile Development Methodologies
- UML modelling
- Design Patterns
- Communications Protocols
- Team Collaboration (i.e Version Control (e.g. Git) / Code Reviewing / Coding Standards)
- Code Testing Strategies / Continuous Integration
- Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Requirements Analysis/Traceability
- Technical documentation generation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.