- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Flood Risk Lead Consultant
My client is seeking an experienced leader for their Flooding and Coastal Services Team in Europe to be based close to Gatwick.
The role is primarily accountable for managing and delivering a portfolio of contracts, supporting their clients in delivery of their programmes of work. This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and deliver services at a national level, protecting people and property from flood risk. The successful candidate will be responsible for their strategic planning and execution, resulting in profitable business growth. This includes oversight of business development, financial management, engineering consultancy services, operations and other functions. All forms of consultancy commercial arrangements role up through the P&L, so knowledge of traditional and alternative commercial arrangements is desired. Ability to engage with clients in both traditional and alternative markets is a fundamental requirement.
- Provides client leadership and guidance, directing flooding and coastal teams to support the national programmes.
- Creates and leverages productive relationships with board members and senior level management within client organizations. Maintains key relationships with clients.
- Initiates, maintains, and cultivates strategic relationships within the Region to actively drive business results
- Strong leadership of the team in making pursuit decisions, relating to our position in the marketplace, to drive win results
- Identifies and addresses critical success factors for complex engagements.
- Analyses and aligns solutions with the business objectives.
- Develops or encourages creation of profitable service offerings to be sold to clients related to performance improvement or other area of expertise.
- Achieves or exceeds financial and productivity goals
- Responsible for financial management, budgeting, and forecasting; ensures sector is meeting monthly and quarterly financial performance expectations.
- Oversees business development for sector; identifies and assesses opportunities and development activities relative to the Division's business strategies to ensure the capture of new business and maintenance of existing clients.
- Assists in the negotiation of contracts; ensures review process and appropriate level of scrutiny of scopes & fees are completed.
- Influences, manages, and establishes as necessary, various budgets including Project Gross Margin (PGM) and variable Overhead.
- Oversees performance management process for regional staff including individual goal setting and development planning, performance feedback, and implementation of the annual and mid-year performance review process.
- Influences recruitment and staffing strategy for assigned sector
- Experience of managing and directing large portfolios of flooding and coastal projects
- Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain key client relationships
- History of managing a £3M+ revenue business
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communicator both with staff, clients and partners
- Demonstrated P&L leadership, performance & financial acumen
- Proven knowledge of EU and UK legislation and current best practice
- Collaborative leader that effectively builds teams
- Comfortable making critical business decisions upon collection of facts
- Clear understanding of the UK Flooding and Coastal market
- Located in UK with strong client knowledge
- Understanding of traditional & alternative consultancy commercial models
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Membership of a relevant chartered organization would be an advantage
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.