- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior/Principal Civil Engineer
Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer, with Infrastructure, Highway or Drainage experience to join their team in Bristol.
This position is ideal for someone with relatable experience that is looking to diversify their skills and wants to get into working on a variety of projects with a reputable company.
Our client specialises in providing high level advice to mainly private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways, Public Realm, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Utilities Coordination/Diversion on Residential, Retail, Industrial and Commercial Developments both in the UK and overseas.
Day to day:
- Working on a variety of projects, working within a team, producing designs and drawings to support planning applications and construction.
- Working on a number of projects and client accounts, liaising with clients at a local and national level.
- Mentoring and managing early career professionals ensuring technical excellence is in everything we deliver.
- Day to day project management support in the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications or construction drawing issue.
- An understanding of drainage and highway design principles (layout, etc.) including designs for Contract Documents and S278, S104 and S38 Adoption Agreements.
- Experience in; the design of sewers using WINDES, highways using PDS (or similar software packages) together with experience in applying Highways Agency and Local Authority design guidance.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to be a part of a successful close knit team
- Experience and an interest in helping the junior members of the team in producing designs.
- The ability to produce masterplans, site appraisals, write reports to support planning applications, design calculations and construction drawings.
A full job description can be provided upon request
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?