- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Chief Engineer ( Hybrid and Electronics Systems)
Are you looking for your next role within Automotive? Well, a new exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer has become available.
Based at a Ricardo Technical Centre in the UK, you will be primarily responsible for leading Hybrid and Electronics Systems capability growth, business development and project delivery activities - particularly in the area of Hybrid Systems, Electrification and Systems Integration. Your everyday tasks will include the provision of:
* Thought leadership to support the development of new business opportunities and internal capability growth.
* Support to the sales teams to provide compelling project proposals that demonstrate superior value to our customers.
* Technical leadership to the project engineering teams to ensure the delivery of high quality work and service to our customers.
You will be comfortable in meeting new customers and developing relationships with professionals in the industry. You will work closely with our commercial and market sector leaders operating within the Global Automotive Group.
As Chief Engineer, you will also be expected to work in close partnership with programme managers and function as technical authority on one or more projects. Your role will include coaching, mentoring and skill development of our engineers.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
* Understanding our client's business, including their organisation, financial decision-making process and business challenges to create and sell solutions that respond to the client's value drivers.
* Understanding our client's industry, including industry trends, financial measurements, key players and competitors, to develop and identify solutions that address client needs.
* Define new business streams for Hybrid and Electronic Systems capability and support the sales team in developing associated selling strategies.
* Provide technical support in developing business opportunities with relevant material and support the sales teams in preparing compelling proposals.
* Provide Technical leadership by:
o Defining technical resource requirements for successful project execution
o Maximizing team performance using standard processes
o Leading technical reviews
o Assessing cost/benefit trade-off of technical solution and lead decision making process
o Draws on the wider technical expertise across the global organisation to achieve optimal technical performance
* Provide support to dissemination and communication in the form of seminars, presentations, press releases
* Liaise with project stakeholders at all levels to collect input into project direction and key decisions and to communicate results and outcomes
* Provide thought leadership to identify potential research and innovation topics that support Ricardo's business strategy.
* Provide thought leadership in defining the requirements for tools and toolchain that support Ricardo's capability growth.
* Work on the application of hybrid and electronic systems from prototype through to full series production on client hybrid and electric vehicle projects, covering aspects of electrical design, integration, configuration, calibration, verification and validation.
* Interface directly with clients on technical issues, often working as part of a large engineering team at any one of the Ricardo offices.
* Provide technical guidance for the development and application of complex hybrid and electronic systems
You will be degree qualified engineer with significant and proven industry track record in hybrid and/or electronic systems integration programmes, preferably with a consultancy, OEM or Tier1 and preferably with production programme experience.
You have a strong technical background in at least one area of hybrid and electronic systems specialisation (e.g. control systems, battery systems, electrical integration, control integration, e machines, power electronics), and a proven track record of successfully leading hybrid systems integration programmes.
The candidate should have:
* A strong track record of hybrid and/ or electronic vehicle product development within the automotive industry, ideally leading to volume production
* Good knowledge of hybrid and electric driveline architectures, components and systems integration and experience of the attributes and trade-offs that must be considered when specifying and developing these systems
* Good understanding of the operating principles of motors, inverters, power converters, battery chargers and battery systems and of high voltage (<1000V) power systems and associated safety management systems
* Proven skill in defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams
* Credibility in a wide range of customer situations
* Strong leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
* The ability to work in a matrix organisation and can liaise effectively across business units to drive greater business value
* Strong project management skills
* High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
* Great patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes
Proven ability in the following areas is highly beneficial:
* Providing technical oversight and direction on multi-disciplinary projects
* Generating new opportunities for Ricardo business
* Preparation and presentation of technical papers
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...