- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Technical Business Manager - Transmisison
Are you looking for a new role within Automotive?
Based at Ricardo's Midlands Technical Centre in the UK, you will be primarily responsible for leading Driveline & Transmissions Systems business development, proposal and project delivery activities - particularly in the area of Driveline and Transmissions Systems.
Your everyday tasks will include the provision of:
* Technical and commercial leadership in developing new business opportunities
* Compelling project proposals that demonstrate superior value to our customers
* Outstanding project delivery
You will be comfortable in meeting new and existing customers and developing relationships, operating within the Vehicle Product Group team and working with other Product Groups to win and deliver multi-discipline vehicle programmes.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
* Understanding our client's business, including their organisation, financial decision-making process and business challenges to create and sell solutions that respond to the client's value drivers.
* Understanding our client's industry, including industry trends, financial measurements, key players and competitors, to develop and sell solutions that address client needs.
* Defining new business streams for Vehicle Systems and developing associated selling strategies and supporting material through collaboration with the global team, other product groups, market sectors, commercial and engineering teams to develop and sell a portfolio of high value solutions
* Providing technical lead in developing business opportunities with relevant material and preparing proposals in response to Request For Quotations
* Direct responsibility for the development of proposals (documentation, plans, costing, commercial package) for global customers through to order conversion including successful contract negotiations
* Technical leadership of assigned Vehicle Engineering projects by:
o Defining technical resource requirements for successful project execution
o Maximizing team performance using standard processes
o Leading technical reviews
o Assessing cost/benefit trade-off of technical solution and leads decision making process
o Draws on the wider technical expertise across the global organization to achieve optimal technical performance
o Primary technical interface with client
* Support development of Ricardo technology strategy and product offerings for Vehicle Systems business
* Developing and maintaining client network and relationships with senior level customer counterparts (Chief Engineer level and above)
* Mentoring key engineers and identifying requirements for skills development
In order to be successful, you will be able to demonstrate:
*A strong track record of vehicle engineering project / product development within the automotive industry, preferably in volume production programmes
*Strong technical background in at least one area of Driveline and Transmissions Systems
*Proven skill in defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams
*A willingness to function in a broader technical environment in a leadership position
*Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
*Credibility in a wide range of customer situations
*Great patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes
*High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
*An ability to work under pressure and very tight timescales
*Strong project management skills
*Providing technical oversight and direction on multi-disciplinary projects
*An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
*Able to work in a matrix organisation and can liaise effectively across business units to drive greater business value
*Strong leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
*Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...
- Top 50 women in engineering under 35
Over 500 nominations but only 50 women could make it onto the list. Find out who made the cut in our article.