- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
To support the Project Manager in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program. This role would suit a QS with Rail M&E experance.
- Purpose of the Job
To support the Project Manager in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program for the project consistent with Contracts Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems. Ensure all commercial and contract issues are dealt within the projects at the lowest level cognisant with the delegated authorities. Perform any and all duties allocated by the Project Manager to ensure successful commercial management of the project goals and objectives.
- Principal Accountabilities
Support the Project Manager in relation to the following:
- Analysing the contract terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk; such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work; As work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks; monitor performance and supporting remedial actions.
- Analyse all contract documentation and produce a Contractor and Project Team deliverables schedule. Monitor performance against this schedule and recommend corrective actions.
- Developing and managing appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Working with the other Project Team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and suggest possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Developing and managing a procedure to recognize and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintaining a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration.
- Within the Project Business Team provide analysed contract performance, quantitative, cost and schedule data.
- Checking that the Project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Ensure contracts are closed out in accordance with Employer completion process requirements.
- Ensure all second tier procurement is undertaken in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensure all contemporaneous records are kept and correspondence, instructions, and communications are crafted in accordance with the contract terms and issued within the prescribed time limitations.
- Ensure all records and data are kept fully up to date on the appropriate systems and trackers
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
- Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Project Manager in providing the Project Team with reviews and analysis of the contract performance data.
- Supporting the Project Manager in maintaining a working relationship with the Project, Functional and Corporate Teams.
- Managing multiple framework and construction contracts.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to Project Manager.
- No direct reports.
- Responsible for the contract administration of multiple smaller Crossrail contracts.
- Person Specification
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration as appropriate to a multi-discipline major UK construction project.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...