- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Southern Water are looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to implement the principals of continuous improvement throughout engineering and construction throughout its project delivery Asset Lifecycle Process.
Southern Water are looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to implement the principals of continuous improvement throughout engineering and construction throughout its project delivery Asset Lifecycle Process. This encompasses maintaining system health, identification of best practise / defining then implementing improvements to the processes that we use in alignment with continuous improvement principles to deliver efficient designs that are right first time.
The key purpose of the role is therefore to:
1. Maintain and apply continuous improvement methodologies including Lean to the Asset Lifecycle Process to deliver efficiency and effectiveness during the design process
2. Promote and develop the application of Continuous Improvement
3. Promote examples of best practise within ETS and with supply chain through publishing case studies
Accountabilities will be but not limited to:
* Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement and integrate these into the way Engineering and Technical Solutions (ETS) team operate.
* Promote and deploy continuous improvement within ETS to drive efficiencies and best practice:
* Improve and promote lean processes
* Root cause analysis
* Risk & Value balance
* Challenge preconceptions/standards
* Track progress through key performance metrics and report on the development and implementation of continuous improvement to the Innovation and Continuous Improvement Manager. Metrics will include but not be limited to audit findings (internal / BS6000 / other) and AMP6 efficiencies realised.
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.