- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Environmental / Ecological Clerk of Works
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) based from their Aberdeen or Inverness offices but including extensive work in the field, primarily in Scotland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering onsite environmental and ecological auditing and an advisory role mainly on renewable energy and road infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of tasks incorporating the following elements:
- Field work logistics and review of baseline data;
- Compilation of draft Environmental Management Plans for specific tasks;
- Delivery of toolbox talks and onsite guidance to contractors;
- Work in conjunction with project stakeholders to achieve project aims whilst encouraging a high level of environmental protection;
- The use of Microsoft Word and Excel, digital photography and infield technology (tablet/pda) to produce electronic outputs;
- Operate in a variety of environments such as remote areas or operational construction sites;
- The delivery of the ECoW role for long and short term projects which may require working away between Monday-Friday;
- Supporting office management and administrative tasks.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Under/postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and/or of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Works (AEECoW);
- Confident in Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying (incl. bats, badger, otter, water vole etc.);
- A good understanding of standard pollution prevention guidelines;
- Experience in the role of Ecological or Environmental Clerk of Works;
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and ecological guidance;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Being confident and comfortable working as part of a team or on your own;
- Good time management; and
- A full UK driver's licence.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.