- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Research projects
Our client specialise in research projects, chiefly for the MoD, in the domain of underwater and naval systems. They are currently seeking a project manager capable of taking on a number of smaller projects concurrently.
The Project Manager is responsible for both the internal and external (customer, stakeholder and subcontractor) aspects required for the execution and delivery of the project. The essential tasks include:
- Participation in defining the project structure and plan, defining the work breakdown structure and work packages, building on the information generated during the bid phase.
- Definition of the project team.
- Clear definition and placement of work packages and subcontracts.
- Risk and opportunity management, security and trade controls, configuration and change management for the project.
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives.
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised.
- Project Manager will frequently be responsible for numerous projects at anyone time. These can range from £10k to £3m in value and 3 months to 3 years in duration.
- The project Manager will have significant interface with scientists and research staff.
Project Managers are also key contributors to bids, often Bid Managers, and are required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Candidates should have achieved adequate recognition as a professional Project Manager via a proven track record, with the ability to demonstrate competence in project management disciplines via previous successful delivery of tasks, work packages and projects
- Experience of managing numerous projects concurrently.
- Experience of managing a delivering projects from bid stage through to completion.
- Membership of an appropriate and recognised professional project management organisation, e.g. UK Association of Project Management
- Degree educated in a related discipline or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and leadership skills
- Good commercial skills and awareness; ability to understand contracts and provide an input into contracts where required
- Domain knowledge and track record relating to maritime research contracts and defence contracts in general, would be advantageous to applicants, but is not essential
- Knowledge of the Shipley Process for writing winning proposals is desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.