- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Programme Manager - Disruptive Technologies
Are you looking for your next role within Programme Management?
Ricardo Innovations (RI) is a division of Ricardo plc and is charged with creating new business models to commercialise Ricardo's new technologies and IP.
RI is putting together a cross functional team with objective of identifying opportunities and bringing them to commercial success. As part of this highly creative team we are looking for a person who can provide the drive, energy, and organisation to enable the team to bring these initiatives to a successful conclusion. A key attribute will be the ability of the job holder to shield the creative team from the business management systems and processes whilst maintaining control, and delivering against target.
By its nature the environment is creative, entrepreneurial, fast moving, unpredictable. Each initiative will have the characteristics of a business startup, with development taking place in a self-contained research culture, but within the structure and framework that is part of being in a PLC. By its nature the approaches to business will often be unconventional.
The core responsibilities for this role include accountability for the delivery of a number of innovations programmes. You will provide drive and energy to the new business teams to achieve each innovation initiative objectives and deliver improved capability for Ricardo. You would work alongside a new business team to manage the risk and commercial exposure of Ricardo whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Provide team leadership in planning, execution and implementation of activities required to deliver the programmes:
* Delivering the programme to predetermined financial targets; cash flow, cost and revenue
* Liaising with project stakeholders at all levels to collect input into project direction and key decisions and to communicate results and outcomes
* Building a community of relevant team members and stakeholders around each new business initiative
The role will involve some travel, both UK and possibly international.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Capability of creating, implementing and delivering structured plans in a potentially informal and creative entrepreneurial environment
* Excellent organisational and coordination skills at a senior level
* Drive and energy with an ability to galvanise a team to deliver against stretch targets
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong collaborative skills with an innate ability to break down and remove barriers
* Experience working with academic partners and institutions
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...