- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Metal Matrix Composites are an emerging technology offering many advantages to engineers and designers in a number of key industries.
Advanced composites are classified according to the material that is being reinforced. Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) are metallic materials that have been reinforced with a secondary high-performance material. The format of the secondary is typically a long-fibre, short fibre or particulate. Materials within these categories are often called "advanced" if they combine the properties of high strength and high stiffness, low weight, corrosion resistance, and in some cases special electrical properties.
My Customer focusses on Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites ("AMC"). Aluminium is the second most abundant metallic element in the Earth's crust after silicon, yet it is a comparatively new industrial metal that has been produced in commercial quantities for just over 100 years. It weighs about one-third as much as steel or copper; is malleable, ductile, and easily machined and cast; and has excellent corrosion resistance and durability. Measured either in quantity or value, aluminium's use exceeds that of any other metal except iron, and it is important in virtually all segments of the world economy.
Like all composites, aluminium-matrix composites are not a single material but a family of materials whose stiffness, strength, density, and thermal and electrical properties can be tailored
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management and delivery of engineering projects, in support of the designated Technical Lead. Types of work undertaken by us include materials and applications development for external companies, and internal R&D projects. Projects may be collaborative, involving a number of companies, academic institutions and government agencies. The individual appointed will be responsible for liaison with partners and customers, monitoring timing and expenditure and preparing project reporting information. They will be involved in the assessment and control of overall project workload within the business, identifying and assigning priorities in collaboration with management. The job function will generally be based at the Company's offices in Basingstoke, but the role will include travel to clients' premises, either in the UK or overseas. Salary and conditions will be commensurate with the high-calibre individual we are looking to recruit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting external and internal company projects with project planning, monitoring and control services, preparing documentation as required.
- Assisting management in the preparation and negotiation of project proposals.
- Ensuring that project delivery remains on schedule in terms of timing, budget, forecasting and technical deliverables, identifying and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Liaising with partners and sub-contractors involved in collaborative projects.
- Preparing and delivering project presentations and reports, as required.
- Devising and implementing new project management tools and metrics to improve monitoring and control capabilities, translating these into appropriate standards or procedures if required.
- Supporting and interfacing with My Customer's commercial, technical and manufacturing management and staff.
- Daily up keep of the detailed project plans.
- Leading the weekly project planning meeting.
- Maintaining project work schedules for the company, to assist in prioritisation and resource discussions. Managing work priorities in line with management direction.
This position requires a person with strong project management capabilities, ideally obtained in an engineering or manufacturing environment. They should have strong interpersonal skills, able to build sound working relationships both internally and with external clients. The individual will respond positively to new challenges and to working with unfamiliar components or in new industrial sectors. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to identify and develop working methodologies that will enhance the company's ability to deliver customer projects on time and budget, to a high technical standard. They must be a good communicator, willing to travel, and available to start as soon as possible.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.