- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Embedded Software Engineer
Real-time embedded software engineer, to work with a growing Automotive company in Kent.
Purpose of Role:
To develop real-time safety critical embedded software, to execute within a passenger car or commercial vehicle Electronic Control Unit, controlling the Powertrain or after-treatment equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the role will consist of one or more of the following:
- Generation of embedded C code to implement control algorithms typically from MATLAB Simulink & Stateflow diagrams
- Integration of manually and auto-generated C code into a single application using IBM Rational Clearcase or Plastic SCM
- Static analysis of C code using QAC to MISRA standards and local guidelines
- Verification of C code via peer review, electrical test bench and analysis of Unit Test results
- Software Integration Reviews and Testing
- Using commercial software for in-circuit debugging (Lauterbach)
- Use of data acquisition systems over CCP (INCA, ATi) for calibration and debugging
- Educated to HND or degree level in Software Engineering or Electronics
- Experience of developing embedded real-time systems using the C language
- Configuration management experience using IBM Clearcase or similar
- Experience in an embedded application field
- Multicore exposure
- Automotive background
- Strong process discipline (V cycle and/or Agile)
- Experience of real-time debugging using in-circuit emulation tools (e.g. Lauterbech)
- CAN and/or J1939 protocol exposure and related tools (e.g. Vector tools)
- PERL and/or Python skills
- AutoSAR awareness
- Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) awareness
- ISO26262 awareness
Skills and Attributes required:
- Self-motivated with a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- Ability to prioritize and organize own workload
- Treat colleagues and work colleagues with respect (Equality and Diversity)
This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems