Health & Safety: To ensure the continued compliance in relation to health & safety within the Projects Business Stream.
Quality: To ensure the continued compliance in relation to quality within the Projects Business Stream and provide advice for continual improvement based on project delivery "lessons learnt".
People: work in collaboration with members of the construction team, ensuring that commissioning activities are planned safely, to quality standards, specification, with parameters, and records of tests being recorded and documented suitable to meet the requirements of the projects acceptance criteria.
- Have input into the project specific commissioning plan and keep records of tests up to date
- Identification and chasing of any sub-contractor commissioning plans for implementation in above.
- Provide commissioning support to the Project Manager, Engineer, and Site Manager as required.
- Attend factory acceptance test (FATs) & customer acceptance test (CFATs)
- Organise commissioning and co-ordination meetings.
- Identify and organise resource requirements to deliver commissioned Plant & Equipment
- Attend HAZCOM meetings
- Liaise with SW Ops & framework supplier engineers as required in line with the overall project commissioning plan
- Provide Commissioning documentation deliverables in line with SW specification e.g.
- O & M information
- Delivery Notes (in conjunction with the Site Engineer)
- Commissioning Plan
- Commissioning programme
- Installation & Commissioning Method Statements
- Instrument Test Sheets
- Load Test certificates
- Lifting equipment Test certificates
- Telemetry Testing Certificate
- Telemetry termination in line with list provided by Project
- Training Plan
- As commissioned marked up drawings/Schedules
- Completion reports
- Pipe pressure test certificates
- Cable test certificates
- NICEIC test certificates
- DOMS procedure
- Mechanical checks as necessary
- Report progress and progress updates / issues to M&E Commissioning Manager, Project Manager, Site Manger escalating commissioning issues as required
- Report on Sub-contractor performance reporting.
- Supervision of commissioning activities of framework Sub-Contractors
- Witness sub-contractor test and populate Commissioning Plan with results
- Undertake site acceptance testing as required in line with the project specific commissioning plan.
- Asset Codes/Labelling.
- Carry out Training of client personnel.
- Organise and witness End to End Telemetry testing.
- Provide support to Site Manager for temporary works throughout project.
- Attend to Plant breakdowns post commissioning until final handover reporting on the type of defect and remedial actions required to fulfil overall project acceptance criteria.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide project reporting to commissioning manager on a weekly basis including programme progress and any change in line with the project specific commissioning plan.
- Best practice, continually working towards or introducing better/smarter ways of working.
- Represent the Construction Team at meetings and complete meeting outcomes where required.