- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client are looking for a Senior Ecologist to identify, develop and project manage ecological schemes for their work in the Highways Sector.
The Senior Ecologist will carry out walkovers to undertake extended Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys. Facilitate works in designated areas, applying for licences and consents. Undertake ecological assessment work including statutory assessment under the Highways Act and Assessment of Implications on European Sites. Deliver awareness training and toolbox talks.
- Advise Highways England and colleagues on ecological matters
- Liaise with non-statutory and statutory environmental bodies.
- Site walkovers and assisting with surveys of the network.
- Identify and develop ecological schemes.
- Project management of ecological schemes.
- Production of reports where appropriate.
- Undertake ecological assessment work as part of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) (Highways Act) and AIES.
- Implement ecology- related strategic documents such as management plans.
- Liaise with designers and contractors regarding ecological elements of schemes.
- Design and supervise the implementation of mitigation.
- Apply for licences and consents.
- Deliver training and toolbox talks.
- Supervise sub-contractors and in-house teams working on ecologically sensitive works.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with all legal requirements via the processes set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant degree and experience of ecology in the construction industry.
- To hold at aleast one protected species licenses e.g Great Crested Newt (GCN), Barn Own, Bat or other.
- Experience of working with protected species.
- Highways experience preferred but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.