- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Shift Controls Engineer
My client, a world leading manufacturer of contact lenses, is looking for a Shift Controls Engineer to join their team in Hamble, Hampshire.
This is a day shift role, so 7am to 7pm, 4 days on and 4 days off (40.25hrs average per week)
Main purpose of the role:
To assist in the development, production and documentation of control systems within a highly automated manufacturing environment.
* Assist in the design, implementation and validation of control systems for new processes.
* Support and optimise existing control systems.
* Implement and conduct training programmes for applicable support groups.
* Assist Engineering department where required.
* Any other related duties connected with the Company's business.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of PLCProgramming packages Ideally Rockwell (will consider other PLC) including RSLogix, Contrologix, RSView/FT View, DeviceNet, ControlNet and CoDeSys..
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Must be able to go on and undertake Fault Finding
- Ability to keep abreast of new developments within the controls industry.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance and Quality Control systems, medical device/pharmaceutical, FDA, GAMP, ISO and International regulatory requirements.
- Highly computer literate
- Ideally some SCADA programming experience.
* Working within an office environment.
* The job requires some work to be completed within a clean environment. As a result the job holder will be gowned-up whilst working in those areas. There is continuous noise in the clean room but this does not require ear protection to be worn.
* Extensive use of computers and telephones.
* Occasional levels of business travel, local and nationally.
* Previous experience in a similar engineering role.
* Minimum of ONC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Control & Automation
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems