- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Manufacturing Group Manager
Management of a dedicated team of mechanical and electrical engineers, engaged in the manufacture, assembly & installation of automotive production & assembly equipment
Management of a dedicated team of mechanical and electrical engineers, engaged in the manufacture, assembly & installation of automotive production & assembly equipment. In particular :-
- Robot welding cells
- Sealer application cells
- Vision inspection systems
- Bespoke powertrain equipment ( machining & assembly operations )
- Section management
- Work priority setting
- Overtime management
- Manpower efficiency tracking & appraisal & training
- Reporting performance weekly & monthly
- Standards control & development
- Quality, cost & delivery control by project
- Quality target achievement ( manufacture / assembly / installation )
- Cost tracking & control
- Schedule progress to target
Qualifications & experience :-
- Minimum of HNC/HND or NVQ level 4 in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Proven track record in manufacturing / production environment, preferably automotive
- Experience in manpower management.
- In depth experience of :-
- Weld jig & tooling manufacturing / assembly
- Measurement systems ( Laser / Faro )
- Welding techniques & equipment ( Spot, Mig, Aluminium, T stud, servo guns, weld timers )
- Robot system set up, functional programming & interlocking ( Fanuc / Motorman )
- Vision system teaching ( Laser / camera )
- Equipment service install ( Power / Air / Floor loading )
- Sealer systems programming ( Sealer / Mastic )
- Machine shop processes ( Weld / Turning / Milling etc )
- Safety systems ( Rams / Safe cell entry )
- Project management skills
- Cost estimation & control
- Parts order / control
- Assembly & installation planning ( microsoft project )
- Manpower resource management
- Shipping & buyoff protocols
- Technical file construction
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...