- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Landscape Architect
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Landscape Architect based in my clients landscape team and wider EIA team in thier Edinburgh office.
My client is recruiting for an experienced Chartered Landscape Architect consultant to work predominantly on UK projects in the energy (renewables), transmission and linear infrastructure and property sectors, with the potential to support international Environmental, Social and Impact Assessments (ESIA).
The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and an advanced understanding of the EIA process and regulations. The role will involve working as a key member of an established landscape and EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, across all sectors.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Site inspections/field reconnaissance;
- Report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/or reviewing Impact Assessment chapters;
- Collaboration and liaison with client and project teams;
- Consultation and liaison with stakeholders, statutory consultees and participation in public engagement events;
- Coordination, management and preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments and allied studies;
- Coaching/mentoring and managing junior staff; and
- Focused business development activities.
The successful candidate will have a sound understanding of UK EIA and Landscape Architecture best practice and regulations, be self-confident, diligent, proactive and motivated, and flexible. The ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams is essential. By the nature of the role, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues and sub-consultants in the delivery of high quality and robust outputs;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise and manage their own workload and the workload of others with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use a range of IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook) - experience using GIS software and other specialist graphic or analytical software is desirable;
- Appropriate degree or masters degree in Landscape Architecture and Chartered member of the Landscape Institute (Essential);
- Full driving licence (Essential);
- Prior project management experience on complex projects; and
- Preparation of robust written landscape evidence in respect of planning appeals (desirable).
The successful candidate will be joining a passionate and motivated team established in delivering landscape assessment and design solutions in support of major infrastructure, rail and private sector projects within our business and to external Clients.
The successful candidate will be mentored and supported on their Pathway to Chartership and opportunities exist for the successful applicant to be creative and imaginative, demonstrating a flair for sustainable design. You must demonstrate experience in delivering high quality design solutions related to landscape driven development and infrastructure projects.
We'd love to hear from you if have:
- BA (Hons) Landscape Architecture or recognised equivalent
- Post Graduate Diploma or Master's Degree
- Licentiate Member of the Landscape Institute
- Proven experience and technical capability gained within a professional consultancy or local authority environment
- Excellent graphic, written, time management and communication skills
- Experience in the use of Autodesk, KeyScape and Adobe design suite
- Experience in the design and delivery of landscape for infrastructure projects, ranging from site audit/concept design, design of external spaces, production of detailed construction plans, planting schedules and specifications, hard and soft landscape plans
- Knowledge of relevant industry legislation, health and safety/CDM regulations, contracts and tendering procedures
- A full UK driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.