- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Marine Systems V&V Engineer
A Senior Systems Engineer is required to join BAE Systems in Scotstoun in an exciting post which is key to establishing the Marine Systems Engineering.
Purpose of role:
BAE Systems Maritime - Naval Ships has recently created an embedded Systems Engineering and Integration team within the overall Type 26 Global Combat Ship, Marine Systems team. The purpose of the Systems Engineering/Integration team is to provide embedded capability alongside the Marine Systems design engineers to ensure the successful integration and de-risking of Type 26's Power & Propulsion, HVAC, Auxiliary, Electrical Distribution and Platform Management Systems.
Within the Systems Engineering team, the role of the Marine Systems Verification & Validation Engineer is pivotal for ensuring the completeness (fitness-for-purpose) of the overarching Marine Systems Integrated Test Evaluation & Acceptance Plan. It is also central for supporting the systems design teams in ensuring the quality and comprehensiveness of individual sub-system test plans leading to more complex integration, test and trials plans.
The Marine Systems Verification & Validation Engineer will ensure that the Marine Systems Integrated Test Evaluation and Acceptance Plan adequately mitigates all the pertinent risks associated with Marine Systems integration and enables progressive assurance, verification and validation of Marine Systems to be achieved.
The role will work across the Systems Engineering and system design teams to enable a comprehensive understanding of the Marine Systems ITEAP to be developed, early integration tests to be scoped and plans produced that support the progressive verification and validation of Marine Systems. Further, the role will work closely with the Test & Commissioning teams to ensure their involvement within the V&V plans and to scope the degree of on-ship testing.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Plan, develop, manage and implement the Marine Systems ITEAP. Ensure the ITEA enables the mitigation of risk across Marine Systems and the progressive assurance / acceptance of all Marine's Systems.
2. Lead Marine Systems' Verification & Validations Working Groups. Enable each team across Marine in the development of their individual ITEAPs through the V&V Working Groups; ensure that each system's ITEA aligns with the intent across Marine and the Whole-Ship.
3. Develop, tailor and promulgate the policies, principles, and processes that will be adhered to in the development and delivery of Marine Systems' approach to ITEA. Ensure alignment with the Whole-Ship approach through engagement with the R&A team.
4. Assess and analyse the Marine Systems delivery programme into ship-build and Test & Commissioning with respect to best enabling the Marine ITEA. Where challenges are identified, work with senior stakeholders to develop business/programme change strategies to best enable the Marine ITEA.
5. Identify and manage resource and technology requirements for the development of the Marine Systems ITEAP. Prepare plans, manage delivery against the plans and provide project reporting through the monthly CAM and Marine Systems Technical Review process.
6. Support the Marine Systems Integration Technical Authority in leading a cultural change programme across Marine that formalises the approach to integration, testing, verification and validation. Develop convincing arguments for the delivery of the above, translate systems engineering concepts into practical application for Marine and couch all of the above within programme terms of cost, risk, schedule and engineering quality.
Key Technical Skills
* Very strong expertise and experience in the planning and delivery of integration tests.
* Strong background in Marine Systems.
* Comprehensive understanding of the verification and validation phases of the engineering lifecycle and can translate testing activities to requirements.
* Capable of operating DOORS.
* Able to gather, filter and process information that will be used to integration plans. This includes discussing with and eliciting information from SMEs/Stakeholders.
* Ideally has familiarity with large-scale power generation and control systems within the marine environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?