- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior or Principal Engineer-Engine and Vehicle In
You will perform test, development and system integration work on Vehicles and engine test beds for mechanical systems and support test and development of performance, emissions and fuel economy on gasoline engines.
- National Diploma, Engineering degree qualified or a similar qualification.
- Strong numeracy and literacy.
- Good communication, information transfer and inter-personal skills with a practical and pro-active hands on approach.
- Capable of working efficiently as part of a small team to tight and changing deadlines.
- Capable of leading a project element with support from senior staff when necessary.
- Effective team member contributing to improvements and high customer service.
- Have experience in Vehicle testing and assessment. Preferably with some calibration experience.
- Relevant testing experience and a good working knowledge of gasoline (preferred) and / or diesel engines.
- Proficiency in calibration tools (ETAS INCA preferred) and data analysis
- Detailed knowledge of engine mechanical development, combustion analysis or engine performance validation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform test & development work for automotive engines and mechanical systems on Test Bed and in Vehicle.
- Support test and development of performance, emissions, economy as needed based on project scope, to include:
Manage engine build activities
Design, plan and organise test and development programmes
Supervise engine development programs
Analyse data, ensuring data quality
Feedback results & prepare test reports
- Work collaboratively with the Design department and key external suppliers to establish engine targets for new projects and to help to establish and optimise designs
- Work collaboratively with other departments on the analysis and integration of engine systems to ensure their proper function
- Collaborate with China as needed for joint projects and projects where support is required
- Collaborate with the engine calibration team to seamlessly handover and jointly deliver projects as needed
Other Features of job
- During test programs the normal work location may change to the test site
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems