- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Building Control Director
Permanent opportunity with our North London client for a Building Control Director.
As the Building Control Director you will undertake a National Technical position and lead in the development of writing bid proposals to support strategic business development and growth agenda with a particular focus on the southern market but also supporting national opportunities when required.
Key responsibilities as Building Control Director will include:
- Supporting technical and sales leads within the business and identifying and winning work through innovative and proactive marketing and business development activity.
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of business capabilities, key personnel and business development activity; becoming a key source of information and support for innovation and compliance
- Maintaining ongoing contact with key personnel with knowledge of professional development activity at all relevant Building Control businesses.
- Provide on-site interim support for day to day operations on new commissions until internal resource plans realised.
- To support the National Building Control Lead to:
- Significantly grow the income of the Building Control team.
- Develop systems and procedure across the building control business to ensure effectiveness and consistency of approach.
- Develop systems and procedure across the building control business to ensure effectiveness and consistency of approach
Essential experience skills
- Relevant Building Control qualification
- Membership of a Building Control professional body (RICS,COIB, CABE)
- Relevant experience of managing and delivering building control services ideally within a private sector (Approved Inspector) environment
- Sound commercial and contract management experience
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships with partners, clients and colleagues
- Sourcing of quality marketing materials to support strategic business development activity
- Trade event coordination / attendance
- Coordinate, attend and contribute to business development meetings
- Support and promote best practice and knowledge sharing through national and regional relationships
- A full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of the property and construction industry
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Exceptional and strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in responding to changing demands and a willingness to lead on and contribute to bids
- A proactive and problem solving approach to developing solutions
- Understanding of the financial, risks, legal and commercial aspects of winning work
- A leading commitment to quality by a positive attitude to change management and ongoing interpretation of organisational aims and objectives
- Tact and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships, the skill to gain the co-operation of others and work effectively as a member of a team
To discuss this opportunity further call Michael Mustoe on 01489 898854 or apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.