- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Production Manager - USA - Shipbuilding and Repair
Production Manager is responsible and accountable for the performance of the shipyard personnel for safety, quality, and scheduling including the administrative functions needed to support shipyard operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides deck plate management to shipyard managers, supervisors, and foreman
- Directs activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling and quality and ensures compliance with all safety, quality, company and regulatory directives in conjunction with management
- Implement and adhere to production costs including, but not limited to; employee and material resources, production budget, and scheduling
- Establish and foster a safe working environment for all employees
- Directs and coordinates shipyard operations within company policies and procedures
- Responsible and accountable for the performance of craft supervisors and tradesmen for safety, quality, and scheduling
- Translates company strategies into tactical plans. Creates and prioritizes necessary resources and steps required to accomplish goals on time
- Schedules and conducts shipyard meetings in conjunction with shipyard management
- Advises company management team regarding manning and expense goals and ensures efforts are made to meet projections
- Determines operations improvements in relation to safety, quality, manning, scheduling, etc.
- Encourage and motivate our company values of Family, Pride, Respect and Truth
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a shipyard manager
- Knowledge of all shipyard trades
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard trades, safety, and management
- Ability to understand and administer all shipyard classification guidelines in relation to government and commercial requirements for all trades
- Ability to apply continuous improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce the need for change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives
- Ability to make quick decisions. Must be able to gain input from many different people and use a participative decision-making approach when appropriate
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...