- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Production Manager - USA - Shipbuilding and Repair
Production Manager is responsible and accountable for the performance of the shipyard personnel for safety, quality, and scheduling including the administrative functions needed to support shipyard operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides deck plate management to shipyard managers, supervisors, and foreman
- Directs activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling and quality and ensures compliance with all safety, quality, company and regulatory directives in conjunction with management
- Implement and adhere to production costs including, but not limited to; employee and material resources, production budget, and scheduling
- Establish and foster a safe working environment for all employees
- Directs and coordinates shipyard operations within company policies and procedures
- Responsible and accountable for the performance of craft supervisors and tradesmen for safety, quality, and scheduling
- Translates company strategies into tactical plans. Creates and prioritizes necessary resources and steps required to accomplish goals on time
- Schedules and conducts shipyard meetings in conjunction with shipyard management
- Advises company management team regarding manning and expense goals and ensures efforts are made to meet projections
- Determines operations improvements in relation to safety, quality, manning, scheduling, etc.
- Encourage and motivate our company values of Family, Pride, Respect and Truth
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a shipyard manager
- Knowledge of all shipyard trades
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard trades, safety, and management
- Ability to understand and administer all shipyard classification guidelines in relation to government and commercial requirements for all trades
- Ability to apply continuous improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce the need for change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives
- Ability to make quick decisions. Must be able to gain input from many different people and use a participative decision-making approach when appropriate
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...