- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Civil CAD Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civil CAD Technician to join our client's growing CAD team and work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civil CAD Technician to join our growing CAD team and receive training and development to continue their professional career. This would be a great opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician or a Technician looking to develop their skills into a new area of Civil Engineering.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic to learn new skills and take on new and challenging tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Producing high quality 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, for a variety of projects, including infrastructure, road and drainage designs, as well as document control
- Perform drafting operations for the determination of project plans and collect data for project designs
- Develop and draft drawings and plans
- Undertake documentation, reports, research and drafting tasks as requested by clients or senior designers.
- Prepare design drawings, details, concepts or mark-ups provided by project manager
- Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required
- Preparing and reports and presentations
- Site surveys/inspections as well
- Work to company expectations with regards to health and safety, quality and training.
Ideally comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD and Micro Drainage software and preferably AutoCAD civil 3D and Microsoft office suite experience.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...