- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Engineering Project Lead - Turbomachinery
We are currently recrutiting for a Engineering Project Lead to work at our aeropspace client in Abingdon.
The role is going to be specialised and focused on turbo machinery on brand new engine technology.
Key Accountabilities (Results and Outcomes)
Reporting to Project Engineering Leadership & Department Team Leader your role will include:
- Lead sub-system engineer & project focal point, responsible for overall leadership & integration of the technical solution
- Providing system design solutions for the SABRE turbomachinery and supporting programmes and technologies
- Technically supporting, integrating and managing the activities being carried out by Sub-contractors to the company
- Identifying new and novel solutions to the technical problems for turbomachinery
- Supporting research and technology development projects, as required
- Prepare, present and report technical work to peers, seniors, external suppliers and customers
Key Responsibilities (Tasks or Activities)
- For both the production SABRE and demonstration activities, the candidate will be expected to:
- Carry out & integrate the design and analysis of turbo-machinery components (Compressors and Turbines, of both Axial and Radial designs, including bearings and seals)
- Develop using systems engineering principles requirements specifications for the turbomachinery
- Work in partnership with programme & wider team to develop & deliver product development plan
- Ensure technical governance, quality and oversight is maintained in-line with company practice & procedures
- Work with other departments and external partners to deliver all aspects of the design, analysis for turbomachinery components
- Carry out mechanical analysis including hand calculations and FE analysis of turbomachinery components
- Investigate & help technology development of materials and manufacturing methods for turbomachinery
- Qualified to degree level in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with some experience in turbomachinery design
- Applicants who are Chartered Engineers or pursuing a path leading to Chartered status is desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- The candidate must be confident with turbomachinery and power transmissions systems (including bearings and seals)
- Must have experience in leading multidisciplinary teams, achieving successful results
- Must have experience in the design and analysis of turbomachinery
- Must have experience of manufacturing and testing of turbomachinery parts
- Must have experience in the use of commercial Computer Aided Engineering toolsets (FE codes, CAD, PLM, CFD)
- Would ideally have experience within the aerospace industry
Skills and Behaviours
- Must be able to work equally well unsupervised and as part of a team
- Must have a collaborative approach to engineering & innovation
- Must have excellent organisation with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the business, with suppliers and customers
- Must be able to understand simple coding techniques in order to utilise in house design codes
- Must have a strong can-do approach to work
- Must be adaptable to new projects and design directions
- Must have a positive and flexible attitude to get the job done
- Must be willing to travel to suppliers with up to 3 days away, if necessary
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
- About Turbomachinery team
Turbomachinery at Reaction Engines Ltd involves pushing boundaries and working at the cutting edge of engine designs. The hypersonic engine (and eventual vehicle) will change the way we travel both inside and out of the atmosphere, we are a fast-paced innovative organisation determined to deliver the next generation propulsion systems.
The turbomachinery team is small and dynamic, providing each team member with the opportunity to contribute across the range of turbomachinery projects in the company. The team works closely with customers, partners, and advisors so good communication skills are vital. The team is the main expertise for turbomachinery within the company thus the candidate must be flexible around potential applications and alternate uses. The candidate must be up to date with current and novel turbomachinery technologies and ideas. The candidate will also play a key role in building up the company's mechanical design capability.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.