- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Electrical Systems Engineer
Our client is a world leading motorsport and technology business best known for it's involvement in Motorsport but empoying circa 500 engiers in the UK accross motorsport, advanced technology, motorsport composites and bespoke collection.
Job Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
Department: Electrical Systems
Reporting to: Team Leader - Electrical Systems
Design and delivery of solutions for the electrical aspects of engineering projects including preparation of electrical schematics, wiring harnesses and control boxes
To deliver electrical and electronic systems including the following key activities:
- Design of electrical systems
- Interfacing to vehicle networks (e.g. CAN)
- Validation of vehicle electrical systems
- Preparation of electrical circuit schematics
- Design of wiring harnesses
- Specification and selection of electrical components including sensors, fuses, connectors and actuators
- Testing and evaluation of electrical components
- Integration of components and systems onto existing vehicle systems
- BOM preparation and liaison with component and wiring harness suppliers
- Work with build technicians in the practical delivery of electrical systems including 'hands on' activities
- Liaison with internal and external suppliers
- Have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Automotive Technology or a related subject
- Be able to liaise with technicians and junior engineers
- Have industry experience within an electrical team environment
- Understand vehicle networks and associated tools (e.g.CAN and CANalyzer)
- Have an ability to diagnose and correct vehicle electrical problems including network interface issues
- Be CAD proficient (preferably VeSys for 2D and/or Catia V5 for 3D)
- Able to produce electrical schematics
- Be familiar with EMC design practices
- Experience or knowledge of Vehicle Low Voltage and High Voltage systems
Form BOP 160-20 Issue 1
The role is within the Electrical Systems team which encompasses both Electrical Systems and Electronics Design. Projects are varied and include automotive, aerospace, military, research and development and marine sectors.
Depending upon project size and complexity, the Electrical Systems Engineer can be involved in the full project lifecycle from proposal generation, information acquisition, design, development, manufacturing, documentation, testing, validation and support.
The candidate should be able to prepare electrical system schematics and 2D harness drawings to a high standard from which a 3rd party supplier could manufacture. In small / medium projects the candidate could be expected to manufacture wiring harnesses or control boxes themselves. Component selection including motors/actuators, fuses, connectors, terminals and wire is expected.
Practical ability and knowledge of electrical/electronic components is essential. Practical "hands on" experience, use of basic tools and liaison with workshop technicians is expected.
Experience in Catia V5 for 3D harness routing is desirable but not essential.
The candidate will represent Prodrive, demonstrating a professional approach at all times, in meetings with suppliers, clients and other third parties. This may include periods off-site at client, supplier or partner facilities. Liaison with external clients will also be required to ensure clear understanding of project direction, client satisfaction and Prodrive requirements.
Our client is not currently able to process applications from engineers who do not currenlty hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please contact Dan Tchupan at matchtech firstname.lastname@example.org for furtehr details.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...