- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Painting Engineer - Marine
We have a new requirement for a Painting Engineer to join an extremely busy boat manufacturer salary circa £40,000 please call to discuss.
The Senior Paintign Engineer duties will include:
- Project manage introduction of painting of composites structures into production and ensure process capability and production readiness
- Introduce a high quality painting department within the business
- Work closely with design and product development
- Develop spraying processes, procedure and equipment
- Work with paint suppliers to optimise quality and efficiency standards
- Establish and document process and standardised procedures
- Identify skills and training requirements
- Lead a team to deliver products to EHS & QDC requirements.
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis to support continuous improvement
- Supervise work to quality specifications, coordinate shop floor activity and monitor workflow of the team.
- Maintain a competitive manufacturing environment through research of technology and adoption of the latest industry standards.
- Assist in the planning of equipment to optimise efficiency and throughput.
- Maintain a cohesive, safe working environment in conjunction with other business functions and COSHH regulations.
- Manifest a quality orientated culture in the team and maintain Total Preventative Maintenance to ensure reliability and consistency of the department.
- Mix paint and coatings for appropriate substance and colour, regulating temperatures of substances
We are looking for experts in the field of painting from the Marine sector. The Senior paint Engineer will:
- Clear technical experience and deep theoretical understanding of working with spray paint application
- Direct experience with wet spray painting, ideally with training / mentoring experience.
- Deep understanding of process parameter and paint characteristic interrelationships.
- Technical understanding of composite surface preparation and paint science.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Excellent paint application skills by hand with ability to train others in best practice techniques.
- Leads by example and excellent communicator to all business levels.
Please call to discuss the role in full detail 01489 898 156 or email email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.