- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Portfolio Controller
Our client at Southern Water are looking for a Project Portfolio Controller to join their team.
Reporting into a Manager within the Investment Programme Management team, the Project/Portfolio Controller will have full accountability and responsibility for providing effective and accurate schedule, cost and risk management services for capital investment within a specific portfolio of the Investment Programme. This will include providing portfolio and programme information and support to the Portfolio Managers and PMO and Cost Manager, understanding and providing insight on performance to outcomes and customer promises and working with stakeholders across the business.
* Leading project scheduling and constraint definition to ensure that projects are delivered in line with agreed programme of work.
* Ensuring that change control systems are in place and that authority is delegated appropriately for agreeing changes to projects.
* Delivering a robust commercial approach to the planning and delivery of projects.
* Ensuring that programmes and plans are in place to enable effective delivery of the work.
* Ensuring compliance with governance processes is maintained in all aspects of project delivery planning.
* Overseeing the timely close down of projects and related processes
* Production of accurate reports for submission to Southern Water's Executive.
* Lead on the provision of intelligence and insight to Portfolio stakeholders for the development of a fully optimised programme of works that will support the effective and efficient delivery of corporate outcomes.
* Ensure that programmes and plans are in place to enable delivery of the work in the most effective way, providing clear financial and schedule forecasting. Production of baseline programmes for delivery with prioritised interventions and within a robust commercial framework and approach.
* Exert significant influence on standardisation of processes and procedures, including quality control, change control and version control, and accountable for ensuring that compliance and governance processes are maintained in all aspects of project and portfolio planning, delivery and closure as well as adherence to investment policies, procedures and processes.
* Provide clear recommendations and strategic advice of interventions that will support the successful delivery of the Capital Investment Programme including efficient cost, benefit and risk management and implementation of the relevant escalation of issues.
* Responsible for managing and ensuring threats and opportunities in relation to the Portfolio are visible, transparent, and dynamically kept up to date via the agreed risk register. This is to include financial, schedule, outcome and efficiency risks where appropriate.
* Provide support and analysis for the annual budget setting activity to facilitate the agreement of the budget being completed in line with corporate deadlines.
* Responsible for managing the systems and tools and data used within the role and updating them in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure data is robust and supports quality outputs from systems to inform Portfolio decision making.
* Work closely with Portfolio Managers and other Portfolio stakeholders to ensure that the Investment Programme aligns with the operational requirements and Portfolio delivery strategies, planning and provision of a framework that is flexible, and track changes in priorities and constraints, including scope, resources, risks and efficiency opportunities
* Driving continuous improvements to establish best in class Investment Programme and Portfolio Management techniques
The successful candidate will have recognised Programme/Project Management qualifications and extensive experience in Programme Management, ideally within the water industry. Experience in Primavera scheduling software is preferred as well as knowledge of cost management and reporting software packages and good excel skills. Good communication skills are essential along with the ability to interact with people at a range of levels and within a team environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.