- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Matchtech are working with a global engineering company to find a multo skilled Maintenance Technician to join their team in Poole.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing planned, preventative and reactive maintenance on the plant, equipment, buildings and facilities of the site. This is a hands on role to maintain and improve all aspects of the operational site.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Practical experience in fault finding within a machine shop environment, and the ability to repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems is essential
- Experience within a machine shop/CNC environment is essential with experience in Mazak, DMG Mori Seiki, Doosan or similar being an advantage
- Fully skilled maintenance technician with either mechanical, electrical or electromechanical bias with good fault finding skills who has served a formal, recognised apprenticeship related to the trade. The apprenticeship should be endorsed by EITB, EMTA or AMA documentation or equivalent.
- Academic qualifications such as BTEC National (ONC / OND), BTEC Higher National (HNC or HND) or equivalent will be considered an advantage but are not essential.
- Practical ability to fault find from electrical/mechanical drawings or PLC systems relating to hydraulic or pneumatic circuits would be an advantage on complex CNC machines and assembly equipment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?