- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer- Glascoed - 12 Months - £34.27p/hr LTD
As a Project Engineer, you will be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle; concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support. This position will be primarily based in Glascoed, Monmouthshire, however, occasional travel to other manufacturing and test and evaluation sites will be necessary.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy products.
- Configuration and maintenance of Engineering bills of materials for products
- Product design and evaluation / down selection e.g. Pugh Matrices, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Process design, definition and critical evaluation e.g. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP).
- Coordination of theoretical simulations e.g. (thermal, structural, fluids and aerodynamics).
- Coordination of product and process empirical testing and evaluation.
- Development and use of safe systems of work
- Development of quality systems
- Management of suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
- Contribution to the Risk Management process
- Life Cycle Management (contributing towards design reviews) from concept to disposal
- Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations.
- Degree or BTEC (HNC) in a technically-based discipline (mechanical or chemical) or equivalent.
- 5 Years development experience in the Engineering industry
- Experience in Product design and/or test and evaluation
- Experience in Process design and/or optimisation.
- Experience of product design analysis techniques (Pugh, DFMEA, FTA)
- Experience of process design analysis techniques (PCP, PFMEA)
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of munitions design and manufacture
- Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
- A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
- Understanding of project management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?