- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Principal Design Engineer
Our client involved in the design & manufacture of advanced satellites has an opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer at their facility in Stevenage.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the control, correctness, accuracy and relevance of all drawings, models, Digital Mock Up (DMU), bills of materials and Engineering Change Notes as related to the configured items for allocated project (s) to cost and schedule.
- Ensuring all outputs from the Mechanical Design Office (MDO) are correct to the project requirements as stated by the core team (generally the Responsible Engineer) All the project DO outputs must be checked, signed and stamped by the lead design engineer to the checklists and CATIA procedures.
- Authorised design signatory for manufacturing drawings, BoM's and ECO's related to the allocated project.
- Specific responsibility for the estimation and planning of DO related activities and manpower requirements to meet those tasks. Allocation of manpower is sought through the Team Leader.
- Supervision and mentoring of other DO design engineers working on the project.
- Provide support to other general DO activities, e.g. Process improvements, bids etc.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with working background the Aerospace industry.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of CATIA V5.
- Strong Engineering & technical background including working knowledge of GD&T (Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
- Practical understanding of Design solution.
- Experience managing a small team would be desirable.
- Experience managing work packages, dealing with budgets and headcount requirements would be desirable.
- Experience of VPM/3DCOM - Windchill BOM Management.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.