- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Due to an increasing workload our client are looking to recruit an Estimator or Senior Estimator to based in their Manchester office to help manage the preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for two major water frameworksDue to an i
- Attend pre-construction and construction site visits.
- Managethe production of enquiry schedules for either civil scope of works/packages from the tender documentation, drawings and specifiations issued.
- Manage the preparation of enquiry documents for either civil scope of works/packages.
- Identify tender deliverables required from the project designers.
- Manage the preparation and issuing of RFI's (Request for Information to the client. Evaluates and issues RFI responses to the Estimating team.
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and where necessary enters into correspondence with suppliers to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements.
- Prepare a project risk register including cost evaluation and risk probability, and arranges and chairs a project risk meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners and Design Co-ordinators.
- Arrange with the Chief Estimator the Tender Adjudication Settlement Meeting in the presence of Estimators, Planners and Director.
- Arrange a Tender Handover meeting in the presence of Estimators and projects team. Prepares commercial documents for tender handover to projects team.
- Lead Tender Adjudication and Presentation to Director and Senior Manager.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Related HNC/HND/Degree is essential.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Microsoft Project
- Experience of working in the Civil Engineering sector is essential.
- Experience of working in the Water sector or Environment Agency (EA) Framework is desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.