- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Software Engineer
Our cloienjt are a major defence and security technology business. They are currentlky seeking an experienced polyglot developer to join them in the Tewkesbury offices.
As part of the Applied Innovation Centre, the Senior Software Engineer will be required to have/be:
- Experience of the design, implementation and testing of software using a wide range of technologies, protocols, and programming languages.
- Proficient in a range of computing languages, including compiled languages (e.g. C, C++, C#), web technologies (e.g. Node.js) and scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- An enthusiasm for working with new and evolving technologies, sometimes outside of their immediate skill set, to solve a wide range of challenges using creative and innovative solutions.
- Experience of development on variety of embedded and non-embedded platforms.
- Has the ability to independently perform research and exploratory tasks using publically available software and information sources.
In addition, the successful candidate will have familiarity with the following:
- Developing on and for different operating systems (esp. Windows and Linux).
- Working with open source software and tools.
- Assembly language for a range of processor architectures, particularly x86 and ARM.
- Computing fundamentals; e.g. memory management models, processor architectures, I/O.
- Hypervisors and machine virtualisation.
- Computer security architectures and principles
- Use of Agile principles and Scrum development
- Use of UML notation and design methodology.
- Team Collaboration (i.e Version Control (e.g. Git) / Code Reviewing / Coding Standards)
- Code Testing Strategies / Continuous Integration
- Requirements Analysis/Traceability
- IP networks and common communication protocols.
- Embedded and real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Appreciation of OS internals would be beneficial.
- Use of packet capture and analysis tools such as Wireshark
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.