- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is looking for a GIS Specialist to be based in their office in Central London. Frequent international travel in the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing GIS services. The right candidate will work closely with project teams to assess project needs and requirements for drafting and GIS data conversion, and assist in the preparation and maintenance of GIS layers. You will also be responsible for producing map layouts, map templates and perform GIS analysis for Environmental, Landscaping, Transportation and Urban planning projects. General duties include maintaining all GIS data and services, ensuring quality control, producing cartographic output for various projects, preparing data conversion procedures, implementing data conversion tasks, designing geographic databases, and supporting their engineers, environmental specialists and planners in GIS Tasks. You will also coordinate with other GIS units for data acquisition, data conversion and other support when needed.
This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, good time management, well organized, able to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to deliver optimal results.
- Assess GIS requirements for new projects
- Prepare GIS data from various sources
- Perform GIS analysis
- Produce cartographic maps
- Maintain GIS data
- Maintain liaison and provide technical support to other departments, area offices, and project sites as required.
- Willing to travel overseas at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months
Education / Professional qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Geography or Environment or Planning
- Master in GIS or Remote Sensing or Geomatics
- Basic programming skills
- Experienced professional or an expert in specific field.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in GIS
- Experience of working with GIS/RS software, like ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, Global Mapper, etc.
- Experience in database design, compilation, knowledge of RDBMS management, conversion, integration, etc.
- Experience in ArcGIS customization.
- Experience in LiDAR data processing.
- Experience of applying GIS in planning and environment domains.
- Experience in AutoCAD software.
- Experience in vector and raster graphics (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or other).
- Work experience in the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.